View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2023 at 01:13 AM

I had 54 years of messed up life between dysfunctional parents & a bad marriage. Had a good career from the degree I got but life itself was on a constant downhill slope.

Both my parents had died by the time I hit that age, my daughter had moved to another state & it was time for me to leave....walk awsy from everything & start life over.

I could have been consumed by past trauma & hurts & bad choices BUT I chose to make a new life with good choices & a new start putting the past behind me. DBT (therapy) & a wonderful therapist taught me skills that I had not learned in life & reinforced skills I already had. I can truly say that even though there are still rough times, these last 16 years have been the best years of my life & my best decision ever was to walk away from that past & leave it in the past....no regrets because what I learned from that past has made what I have now better than ever & I appreciate it more because I know what that past was like. My life is not diminished from that past, it is made better because of what I learned from it

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
East17, Rive.