View Single Post
retro_chic
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2011
253 hugs
given
Default Nov 16, 2023 at 03:01 AM

I just wanted to add a couple more things from that session which upset me as I’m really unsure if I’m being overly sensitive or if what happened was indeed unethical.

The first thing is that during our session, T said “there’s a lot to unpack there but I’m not your therapist so I’m holding back”. I didn’t say anything at the time because I was so hurt and taken aback at the way she just closed off the relationship like that. Upon thinking about it, I am extremely angry at the fact that she charged me for a session but refused to provide her services. It doesn’t matter if I have chosen to see a new therapist, as long as I am paying her she needs to be willing and able to fulfil her duty as a therapist. Right?

The second thing that really bothered me was when I brought up the fact that she had told me I could email her and that she would be keeping me updated whilst she was on leave but then failed to do so. Her explanation was simply that she had moved the goal posts and didn’t know how to tell me. She apologised but didn’t give any further explanation. Does this count as client abandonment? She literally promised me support and then didn’t provide it.

Lastly, when I said I couldn’t think of anything positive from our time together, she said that was because I can’t see the grey. She also pointed out that this was the second time I wasn’t happy with an ending (this was her second maternity leave). Again it felt like she was blaming me and failed to acknowledge her role in these ruptures.

I keep going over the session and thinking of all the things I should have said but didn’t. I don’t know if any of this is reportable but it seems so unfair that she’s allowed to do this without any repercussions.

Last edited by retro_chic; Nov 16, 2023 at 04:45 AM..
retro_chic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight