View Single Post
BamaSurvivor
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2005
Default Mar 02, 2005 at 11:34 AM

I also agree with the 'whatever works, do it!' philosiphy. I, myself, do the 12 step program. But I posted the links to other non-related 12 step programs because I do know a lot of people are more comfortable with getting clean without the higher power deal.

I would like to clear something up for you though... 12 Step isn't brainwashing at all. The Higher Power that is spoken of the the AA and NA books is a higher power of YOUR understanding. As long as it's stronger and bigger than your addiction, it can be your higher power. A lot of people refer to that higher power as god, some refer to it as music, some would much rather refer to it as life that they never quite got to really experiance from being doped up all the time. There's different meanings for everyone as to who their higher power is. Also, it does require you to take responsibility. It requires you to admit that after the addiction has started it's cycle, you must admit your powerlessness over that addiction and from that point on, take responsibility for any backslide you take.