View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2023 at 01:57 PM

I found that a good therapist & DBT taught me mindfulness & learned new skills to function in life along with reinforcing the few I had that were working.

I wasn't eating or sleeping but I did completely remove myself from the situation that was helping cause that reaction in me.

No meds worked because in my case it was a situation that meds couldn't change.

It took about 10 years of good therapy & being 2100 miles away from the situation & I did start healing almost immediately.....but it took those years for all that new learning to become a functional part of my life.

We are never so defective that we can't heal but most time it does take help & someone we feel ok being accountable to. It takes lots of work on our part but so well worth it. I even tested the healing out a few years ago when I went back due to some legal issues & I did not revert back to the previous reactions. Totally possible & I sure never thoughtbit would be the 13 years before I left & found the outstanding therapy

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote