View Single Post
Starlingflock

Member Since Apr 2022
93 hugs
given
Default Nov 18, 2023 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
When someone is narcissistic THEY need to be the baby/child that needs attention and coddling. They do not genuinely feel for you/others. That is why your husband was not only selfish and dismissive with you but also his own child who now suffers because she did not get to be the child but instead had to deal with her father demanding that role.

Narcissistic individuals are me, me, wa wa, I I, feed me, feed me (ego). And if you don’t feed them the way THEY want they have a tantrum. That’s how it goes. Always the hero or the victim, never the villain

The best thing to do is get strong take care of you and be independent and ignore them. Know they are not capable of being an actual adult they need the coddling and their fantasy world.
Yes.
He is trying so hard to come across differently. he thinks its amazing of him. like it is a feat to allow me to tell him something, rather than shutting me down, lashing out in anger or gaslighting. low expectations of himself. he pats himself on the back for basic behaving. he said he is happy he could be of assistance to me. haha. i said these are your kids too.

he was just living with one woman as i mentioned previously, driving her car, staying at her house. they broke up recently. he tried to tell me one reason for the breakup is because he wants our child to be able to visit him at his home (he wanted our child to meet his last girlfriend/go to girlfriends house and i said NO because they had only known each other like a month and had moved in together after two weeks of meeting or something like that). Not surprisingly, they broke up after like two months.

he rented a room somewhere, stayed maybe three weeks? i just found out from him that he has now moved into an apartment with ANOTHER woman! they again barely know each other. madness! they signed a year lease together. what idiots.

its "interesting" how little he is able to connect with his kids on any meaningful level. i guess his romantic relationships are not deep either considering this is at least the third woman he has shacked up with since we separated. it really helps me to see things for what they are. it helps me make sense of how we got together, what i had to trade away of myself to stay together.

he finally has a place to call his own (with this new lady) so he got a lot of stuff from the house recently and today. it feels very nice to have more of his stuff gone.
Starlingflock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes