Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default Nov 21, 2023 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
It's also the holiday season now. And I wish I had a partner to snuggle with and to keep me warm in the winter months.

My ex husband used to frequently fight with me on holidays.

One year, he instigated a fight then refused to join me and my family for Thanksgiving dinner, so I had to go alone! Then I had to bring him home a plate of food, on top of it! I was SO hurt that he didn't come. It ruined Thanksgiving that year.

Then another time on Christmas day, he fought with me and almost ruined Christmas for me! Unbelievable. Same thing with New Years Eve - he instigated yet another fight.

At least I don't have to deal with THAT crap anymore. I am thankful for that.

This is a big deal that you no longer have that millstone around your neck. I think there are lots of nice treats that one can give oneself around the holidays, like
- putting up lights and decorations

- taking hot bubble bath and putting on a plushy robe afterwards
- fleece throws and blankets

- buying a portable heater - so soothing - I have one blowing at me right now and both my cats have joined me on the sofa to enjoy the warmth. - Making hot chocolate with mint or cinnamon, and a splash of Bailey's if desired. Even coffee or tea with Bailey's is so good. I always pick up a big bottle to flavour hot drinks.

- doing some seasonal baking for oneself. I put most of the dough into small freezer bags of 1-2 cookie amounts to stop myself overeating it. Just thaw one bag at a time and bake 1-2 cookies to enjoy after dinner.
- other seasonal foods like stollen, pumpkin pie, turkey dinners, mince tarts

- cooking comfort foods like savoury soups, mac and cheese with curry and cauliflower, and tuna casserole.
- seasonal scented incense. I like cinnamon and bayberry
- advent calendars with daily treats. Can be edible, makeup, socks, and so on.

Samicat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope