Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,642 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2023 at 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
This is a big deal that you no longer have that millstone around your neck. I think there are lots of nice treats that one can give oneself around the holidays, like
- putting up lights and decorations

- taking hot bubble bath and putting on a plushy robe afterwards
- fleece throws and blankets

- buying a portable heater - so soothing - I have one blowing at me right now and both my cats have joined me on the sofa to enjoy the warmth. - Making hot chocolate with mint or cinnamon, and a splash of Bailey's if desired. Even coffee or tea with Bailey's is so good. I always pick up a big bottle to flavour hot drinks.

- doing some seasonal baking for oneself. I put most of the dough into small freezer bags of 1-2 cookie amounts to stop myself overeating it. Just thaw one bag at a time and bake 1-2 cookies to enjoy after dinner.
- other seasonal foods like stollen, pumpkin pie, turkey dinners, mince tarts

- cooking comfort foods like savoury soups, mac and cheese with curry and cauliflower, and tuna casserole.
- seasonal scented incense. I like cinnamon and bayberry
- advent calendars with daily treats. Can be edible, makeup, socks, and so on.

Thank you for these suggestions.

Normally I think I would do at least some of these things for myself, but right now, I am not feeling festive.

I am struggling at work and it's effecting me in my down time. I am really down on myself because of issues happening at work. I feel like burying myself under a blanket, hiding and never going back to work again.

Maybe come Dec I will feel a little more festive, but not now. I do like and appreciate the suggestions though. I cannot take a hot bath though. Not in my tub. That's one thing I cannot do.

But you're right - at least I don't have that noose around my neck anymore, and at least, I don't have to deal with fighting during the holidays. I can find my own peace.. so that's good at least.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Nov 22, 2023 at 06:31 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote