Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,426 hugs
given
Default Nov 22, 2023 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
True, the stuff is expensive.
I'm retired and getting by on a small income plus the cautious use of some plastic. Right now I'm in the throws of a depressive episode. I'm desperate for some relief.
Recently I ordered some gummies that were cheaper than the first bunch I bought. The front label says 30 mg. Evidently, that's quite a lot. I got knocked out alright. That part was desired, but the hangover next day was too high a price to pay.

Even if cannabis gummies were $10 a piece, I'ld finance the purchase somehow, if they'ld help. I'm kind of lucky, in that my depression is episodic. Between episodes, I'm fine and don't crave any mind-altering substance. So I don't need a steady supply. But, when I'm in a tailspin, I get desperate for relief. It's like I need some rescue measure on an emergency basis. My life just goes to h€|| in a handcart. When it ends, I have such a mess to tidy up - piles of dishes, laundry, mail etc.

I should be practicing better mental hygiene and getting out for exercise and sticking to a daily routine. I guess there is no short-cut back to feeling normal. It's so hard to do what makes sense when all energy has evaporated.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote