View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2023 at 04:54 PM

This post is for people who have similar experiences and not for those just wanting to tell me what I feel is wrong or that they hadnīt felt the same way.

I see a physiotherapist at a rehabilitation facility and sheīs such a person who makes me feel as sheīs annoyed with me or something. At the end of todayīs session at the gym she just left and I went after her, after I had picked up my backpack, and if I hadnīt said "see you on Friday" she had probably just left. She now answered to that but she doesnīt clearly say "bye, have a nice evening" or similar but just leaves.

I also see her for aquatic therapy, in a group, and I often say something nice at the end of the session like "it was a nice session today, have a nice weekend" or something but she seldom says "the same to you" or similar but sometimes she just answers "yes".

Itīs not that sheīs shy and sheīs not so tired so she canīt say something nice so it makes me feel she doesnīt like me in some way.

Of course I can avoid saying something to her but to just leave after the session and not say "bye" or "see you next Friday" or something feels strange and passive aggressive in some way.

When I see her for follow-up meetings at her office like two times each semester she more or less just ends the meeting and stands up beside her desk to show that the meeting is over. Itīs not that she says "have a nice day", "take care" or similar. As she works with people I find that strange as I have always been nice to her, I tell her I appreciate that she offers me sessions in the aquatic therapy and such.

Perhaps she doesnīt like that I keep asking for more physiotherapy, that is when Iīve had my ten sessions, I ask for more simply as I need more therapy and training. But perhaps that annoys her as she thinks other patients should be prioritized even if she canīt actually just end my contact with the facility.

All in all I canīt understand people like her and others who canīt say something nice when you meet and when you part for the day when you know each other even if itīs not a family member or friend.

Does anyone else experience this?
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam