Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2023 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
You can do it BB! It would be a huge accomplishment!

Lack of sleep like that is quite terrible. But bipolar peoples are like that unfortunate.

I thought I took zopiclone last night, then realized I didn't. No wonder I took clonazepam and fell asleep at 6am.

I had 3x 30-45 minute long sleep paralysis episodes this morning lol.
Thank you, I am certainly gonna do my best to make it happen. 3 months should go by fast. I’ve already been there 2 months and 25 days. I guess if I decide once I hit 6 months that I can handle another couple months I’ll do that but I’ll decide then because I don’t know how my mental health will be 3 months from now. I could be completely burnt out by then and hating life but maybe not. I’ll take it month by month and keep reassessing. The main thing I want to avoid is suddenly quitting without notice, or just stop showing up completely. Cause that wouldn’t look good. When I do leave it will be done properly and leave things on good terms. I’m not staying longer than a year. I am aiming for at least 6 months, 8-9 months would be even better but my absolute limit is one year. I’m not sticking around after that because it’s way too stressful to do long term. Basically it’s just a job to get experience and that’s it. That’s all I’m using it for. To put on a resume in the future to get a better job after I finish college. It makes me sick to my stomach with stress , dread and anxiety. But I just have to push through, because there is an end in sight. Thankfully. 3 more months. Then I reassess and decide what to do.

Anyway, I’m still volunteering with the cats on Tuesdays and that’s good experience as well. And it’s rewarding. Unlike my actual job. I’m less frustrated by customers now even though they can sometimes be difficult and more aggravated by a particular manager who is a complete jerk and is everywhere micromanaging people and talking down to people.

I need to get my sleep schedule straightened out but it’s so freaking hard with the unpredictable hours and schedule. I’m using Pokémon Sleep to motivate me to sleep but the problem is my work schedule screws my sleep up so much. If I’m stressed I can’t sleep. I’m not like a lot of people where some can go home from work very late go right to sleep then get up , I take 4-5 hours to wind down after a shift. That sounds absurd but it’s just the way I am. So if I’m getting home anywhere from 10pm to midnight that leaves no room for sleep. I can’t force myself to sleep because my mind is racing and I have a hard time calming down after work.

Then these early morning shifts like tomorrow. I have to be up by 3:30am if I want to get to work on time. I have to clock in at 6:45am tomorrow. Between getting ready, eating breakfast, etc walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, riding the bus, getting off the bus, walking to work. It’s just a long commute

Hugs from:
Desoxyn

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn