Member Since Jul 2008
6,973 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Nov 25, 2023 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1890 View Post
I have a question

Can you ignore a thread by someone, but not a reply?

For example, let's say that a member always creates a thread about a triggering topic, but, when you post your own thread, the replies from said member are quite useful

I am not sure I completely understand the ignore thread command. Are you saying that I can ignore all threads with certain keywords
Since the reply is part of the thread, I don't think so.

If you have someone on ignore, as I understand it now, you can't even see the threads they start. It's like they are not there, if you visit a forum. If you click on "see all thread started by _____" under statistics, you'll get an error message. I don't know if you can use keywords but that's a good idea.

Also, if you start your own thread, anyone on ignore can't post in your thread....because you have them on ignore. If they try, they'll get a message saying "You are on this member's ignore list".

For other threads, you used to be able to see "This post is hidden because ____ is on your ignore list" but now you don't even see that. BUT if someone quotes them, you will see it unfortunately.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote