jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Nov 29, 2023 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross2008 View Post
Joining this thread because I have been having the same problem. It’s happening a lot lately. When I need to go, I can’t finish up what I’m doing first. I have to drop everything immediately and go directly to the bathroom, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Let a cat unexpectedly park itself in front of me, making me stop suddenly to keep from stepping on or tripping over the cat, and there will be an “oops” of some size before I get to the bathroom, whether a drop or two, or a puddle on the bathroom floor. Even when I do make it, I might make it with only nanoseconds to spare.

There are a lot of reasons this can happen to a woman. In my case I have IBS-C, and I am currently treating myself for constipation. This can cause bladder issues because the colon is distended and crowding the bladder out. For this very reason, I don’t want to take medication for an overactive bladder. I’ve tried it before, and it constipates me, which in the long run makes matters worse.

I too am overweight, and I also have diabetes, which certainly doesn’t help.

Kegel exercises are a good idea. Besides that, I think I have to rely on good old Poise pads and/or the grown up version of Pull-Ups.
Sorry to hear that.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Albatross2008