View Single Post
polar1145

Member Since Feb 2004
Default Nov 29, 2023 at 11:36 PM

Dear Dr John, I must say the old WBS Psych Central helped pull me through one of the darkest times in my life (back in the 1980's). I had been a single mother with 3 small kids working full time and being harassed full time by my Ex for 5 years. He would break into my house, steal food constantly threaten me and eventually burned my home down thinking I was inside. He knew the children went to Florida to spent 2 weeks with my mother. They ended up staying all summer so I could rebuild. I had to sleep in a tent on my property most of the time but would drive to my fathers which was over an hour away to get creature comforts to keep me going. Fast forward. I ended up getting in a relationship with a man to keep my Ex away from me. I was already mentally breaking by this time. fast forward again I had 3 miscarriage's and was mentally blown. Dr put me on Zanax and prozac to help combat the baby blues. That didn't work. I flew into a full blown psychotic break. Hallucinations audio and visual. Unable to function as a mother I tried to commit suicide. Luckily I was found and was life flighted out to the nearest trauma center where I was placed in an induced coma for 3 days. . was told all these other details. When I physically recovered I was committed for 30 days. So they could figure out what was wrong with me. After 2 Doctors one finally said I was a bipolar aka manic depressive. Never heard of such a thing in my life. I was set up on a menagerie of meds which gave me the worst side effects I have ever experienced in my life. But I took them and was a good patient but I was still having delusional thoughts and some visual hallucinations. After a year or so of this I found WBS. What a life preserver. Dr John. Dudley Do Right, Patio, Suf, Phoenix fyre, Bebop, Bejose, tiny dance, Erica, Kajunqueen, 3DDD, Fran Oh man so many I could name. 100's of us going through all this together. The love and care we received from one another was amazing. I recovered enough after 6 years and started a very lucrative business that had employed up to 10 employees. That became my daily therapy dealing with customers on a daily basis. I did this for 25 years. I have recently retired because of a physical injury which causes me pain on a daily basis. No not on any pain meds by choice. I have recently gotten where I have no motivation even though I am in a good financial area of my life. I will continue to look under all the rocks to find my motivation again. AT my age there has been many deaths around me of important people in my life. Guess it is something we all go through when we get to a certain age. WBS Chat was my go to place to search those rocks to find what I needed to live the best lfe I could. It taught me to look in all the places. Thank You Dr John us Old Psyche Central crew still love you. Polar1145 aka Wanda