View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2023 at 04:35 AM

I have another thread on here regarding me getting a DUI last week, on Thanksgiving morning. Just awesome.

I am stressed out about this enough as it is, trying to figure out how to get to and from work without letting my boss know that I lost the right to drive my car for the next 5-6 weeks.

And, I realize that IF I were still with my husband, I not only would have to tend to MY stress over it, but I would also have to appease HIM and tend. to HIS stress. And then it would turn around to be all about HIM, and how stressed HE is about me possibly losing my job!

UGH. Thank goodness I am not dealing with him. My stress over this alone is too much for me to carry.

On the flip side, because I haven't had to deal with him that much since last June/July, sometimes I feel the abuse amnesia & trauma bond creeping back in, and I think, oh, it's too bad that could not work out because I enjoyed certain aspects of our relationship.

All I have to do is go on my abuse forums on Facebook and read the stories there about narc abuse to snap out of it. And it works! It's an amazing formula for resolving abuse amnesia and the trauma bond.

Immediately, I remember ALL the abusive & toxic behaviors and I come back to terms with the fact that all those nicer aspects were just sheer manipulations to keep me hooked, which is how they operate.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote