View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 01, 2023 at 03:32 AM

I woke up this morning from the worst nightmare, and I'm freaked out. I had dreamt I was arrested by the police and my car was left in a spot on the street by the cops. I wasn't supposed to drive my car, but when I got out of jail, I snuck to my car and drove it to a party. Then I had to sneak the car back to its spot without the police knowing.

Then I woke up. I was in a sweat. So I got up. It's 3 AM. I feel very contrite over my actions. Not in my dream, but IRL.

This DUI incident is making me think A LOT, and now it's haunting me in my dreams. Awesome. I couldn't sleep through the night before due to menopause, and now I just can't sleep.

Tonight I am taking an Uber out so I can get out and see people and feel normal and not reclusive. Yes, I am enjoying my solo time but I also do need to socialize with people. I need a little bit of normalcy, so I decided to splurge and spend the money so I can feel normal for a night.

My best girlfriend offered to come over to my home and drive me around tomorrow for errands. I am taking her up on that. She hasn't visited my home yet. We live 45 minutes apart. She will also help me to put up my Christmas tree. I am SO grateful for her. Then another good friend will come over on Sunday to take out my A/C units. Other friends are offering me rides and favors. Thank goodness for good friends. If I didn't have any nearby, I think I would sink into a deep depression.

I am grateful.. contrite, self reflective and pensive, but grateful. This DUI incident is effecting me deeply.

Also, I have to take a DUI class for 16 weeks,. I think I mentioned before. FOUR MONTHS? I completely get that it's a very serious offense and must be taken seriously. But what do they address in this class for four months? Couldn't it be two months of alcohol education? I am wincing a bit over this class. At least it's virtual and can be done from home.

I am very thankful that many things can be done from home now due to covid. I can even order supplies from CVS and get them delivered to my home. THANK GOODNESS. YES, covid wreaked havoc and has had a horrible impact, but the silver lining is now we can order just about anything and have it delivered to our homes. That's a plus.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
felineangel, raspberrytorte, Samicat