RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2023 at 11:50 AM

Hi folks,

Court this week. This will be the first time seeing her since the first week of March.

This will be for a temporary "band aid" order to assign support payments. My lawyer says the entire process will take years. The family courts here shut down twice during covid, totaling over 8 months. There is also a huge influx in population in the region in the last 5 years, and more separations since Covid. She says.... "You aren't a priority. Your kids are older, you're stable, there is no addiction or abuse in the home. The court won't see you again for at least two years."

This outcome tomorrow will decide a lot of things; whether we sell the house or not, whether I move to a cheaper housing option or not, whether I have to change jobs or not; etc.

I'm scared.

I still go through periods of despair. I had to identify that feeling, as I couldn't put a name on it. I feel despair, sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a few days.

It's part of breaking a trauma bond.

I told my lawyer I have no idea what to expect from my wife tomorrow. My lawyer says a court ordered psychological assessment is a possible outcome because there has just been too much disorder for too long.

Thanks for all your support.

RDMercer
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Bill3, felineangel, Open Eyes, seesaw, unaluna