jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Dec 04, 2023 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Sometimes people don’t want to discuss something when they know (based on previous experience) it will lead to a confrontation and argument, especially embarrassing if it’s a public confrontation.

On couple of occasion you wanted to discuss something with people who were intoxicated (not sure if you were too but you said they had a few drinks). That’s usually a bad timing and it’s a bad idea to discuss anything when under influence. So it’s smart for them not wanting to engage if they weren’t sober

It could be also that people don’t want to discuss something that was repeatedly discussed before. Rehashing something just doesn’t serve any purpose and it could be triggering.

It is also possible that people don’t want to discuss things with you because you previously ignored what they had to say or didn’t like responses and became aggressive. Next time people will avoid any and all conversations
The discussions I had with other people were made with myself & them sober too & they still didn’t want to discuss things.

I have noticed that you tend to assume that the problem lies with me since I supposedly don’t listen or that I tend to be argumentative or whatever isn’t true at all.

I do listen. I might misunderstand things at times, but I listen & I don’t argue. I may disagree with people at times, but that is NOT the same as arguing with someone. I’m allowed to have a different opinion. That’s NOT arguing.

Other people can disagree with me & not be arguing with me as well. I think that maybe some people might see disagreement as ‘arguing’ or being ‘combative’.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43372