View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,117 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2023 at 07:00 AM

"Until one day I woke up in a hospital and someone asked me, "What's your problem?" And I said, "I'm an alcoholic and an addict." And he said..."No, that's how you've been treating your problem." I know now I need to find a way to fill this big black hole in me."
-Beautiful Boy

I don't think anyone without some sort of trauma and/or poor mental health besides "just being an addict" ends up abusing any sort of substance. I know my substance use/eating disorder are "side effects" of being raised by a psychopathic addict (or at least close enough seeing as apparently I can't say that since he was never officially diagnosed with aspd because who tf seeks out help for that sorta thing) and developing BPD/PTSD, which yes come with a lot of anxiety. Healthy people don't just have a drink or drug (or self harm/binge/purge for that matter) and say "this feels righter than sobriety" and risk/end their lives, torture and push away their loved ones, and can't focus on anything else.

I think we've taken over this thread haha so that's what I'm going to leave with.

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady