View Single Post
AnaWhitney

Member Since Jun 2015
357 hugs
given
Trig Dec 07, 2023 at 04:19 PM

I am being evaluated for diagnosis currently. I’m just a bit thrown by the psychologist and what she asked me. I don’t want to talk about SA, I thought it was enough to say yes it happened. I understand the purpose of questions like who was it (as it can be worse if it’s a family member, parent etc.) and how old were you as it’s all relevant. I was willing to give certain information.

However, she then asked me specifically
Possible trigger:
And I shut down. Am I being oversensitive? I just never expected to be asked for such detail. I feel like she thinks I’m a liar and now I have sort of shut down and feel like maybe I am a liar and if I wasn’t, then I should have just been able to answer like a normal person.

I’m kind of just numb and feel like a stupid liar because I don’t even feel anything at all. I have avoided this topic with T since I blurted it out early on in our sessions, and had some scarily strong fearful feelings afterwards. I never got past that it happened and have avoided it ever since. I tend to share with her how things go with the pdocs and psychologist as she is my only support but I don’t think I can talk about this particular part of the assessment with her.

Is the psychologist out of order or is this a normal thing to ask someone? And how the heck could it even affect my diagnosis ? Do you think she thinks I am lying? I sort of do, and I thought I had got past that.
Posting a lot recently, I am sorry. I just feel like I can’t do any of this
AnaWhitney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, ScarletPimpernel, speckofdust