View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2023 at 12:43 PM

@RDMercer just checking in to see how you are doing. I also want to tell you that you can be a good person and have boundaries. It’s also ok to not feel any pleasure in the kind of battle you have been pretty much pushed into dealing with. Some feel empowered and others just feel sad and deeply disappointed.

I know you wanted your marriage to work out and it’s been very hard to talk about, even embarrassing. It’s is not your fault that your wife is disordered, that is nothing anything you do can fix. There is no better man either, your wife is not capable of actually having a healthy relationship. Broken narcissistic people often hide in drugs and alcohol and pretty much struggle all their lives and it always gets crowded for them if they pair up with anyone so they tend to go from one person to another and even from one job to another or are like your wife and want the money and title with little effort.

I find the best thing for me is to just step away as I don’t care to engage with a person that starts to behave like they are entitled to having me service their needs all the time. I have noticed that you have learned a lot. Life sure teaches us some hard lessons, “growing pains”.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote