View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,161 hugs
given
Default Dec 11, 2023 at 01:47 PM

I have a bit of an issue with my college friend, who lives 3,000 miles from me. We email each other and call on occasions. Before Thanksgiving, he was telling me that he will spend that day (and Christmas also) with his sister and husband. He's a lifelong single like I am. I think that there were times when he told me that he's not all that crazy about going to his sister's.

After he had told me about getting together with his sister, we talked on the phone; and I told him that I feel depressed about being alone for the holidays and how people don't help when they talk about getting together with family. He seemed to have understood and then told me that he wouldn't mention to me about getting together with his sister on the holidays again. He was nice, sympathetic, and understanding about it. But lately he's bringing it up again about Christmas.

I don't know if it's weird of me to feel that way. The thing that frustrates me the most is when there's an understanding and an agreement about what should not be talked about; and then the other person doesn't honor the agreement. That's been a problem for as long as I've known him. It's not the only time he's been like that. With me, if anyone tells me that they don't want to talk or hear about something they don't feel comfortable with, I make a note and be sure never to mention it again.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, nonightowl