Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,989 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Dec 11, 2023 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: I told him that I feel depressed about being alone for the holidays and how people don't help when they talk about getting together with family. That's been a problem for as long as I've known him. It's not the only time he's been like that. With me, if anyone tells me that they don't want to talk or hear about something they don't feel comfortable with, I make a note and be sure never to mention it again.
Ahh...alas some people just aren't as discerning and emphatic as us. I used to be friends (sub-standard quality) with a woman who KNEW I was alone and had no one, yet she'd cheerfully wish me a "happy holiday". Really? Talk about a knife in the gut. She'd tell me all about her warm, extended family and the gatherings planned.

Not once did she ever invite me, knowing I live alone and am not going to any family gathering---small or large. If it were the other way around, I'd certainly invite HER so she wouldn't be alone. IF she prefers it or declines, that's okay but I'd make the gesture nonetheless. I swear I don't even miss her. Insensitive, judgemental, thinks she can do no wrong, always right, etc.

This guy sounds like her. Also, he could be so forgetful that nothing sinks in..even telling him repeatedly. Or he could just lack emotional intelligence, they are clueless as to how the other person feels. They are so out of tune with emotions in general, maybe even their own.

A favorite radio station keeps saying "HAPPY holidays". When I can't stand it anymore, I tune to a commercial free music channel on TV. It can be repetitive but they don't say "happy or merry". But they do play a Christmas song now and then.

The media is bombarding me with smiling family images, most of which I can fast forward past. And even with 2 wars going on, we're supposed to still be cheerful for the holidays and have all these big plans. I read what a sick society the US is and why depression/anxiety is so widespread, esp.at this time of the year.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
will19

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, will19