View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,457 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2023 at 10:42 PM

How do you do it? How do you put your therapy on hold for 3+ months? Has anyone survived multiple leaves? It's not fair to a long-term client. Short-term can either choose to end therapy or find another therapist. Long-term are expected to wait. And when attachment and dependency are encouraged? And you go from 2 sessions and multiple emails a week to just 1 or 2 measly communications... What are you supposed to do?

I am talking to J and T about this. To my surprise, they seem to be in agreement with me, that maybe I should find another therapist. I thought they would convince me that I should be patient and wait. So maybe my pain is justified?

I feel betrayed by L. The way she said that she wanted more children made it sound like that was her plan all along. How could she accept me as a client, a long-term client, knowing that she would put me through multiple leaves? She already knew how attached I was when she made the decision to work with me long-term. (For those who don't know, L was only supposed to be a temporary therapist when we first started). And she knew how hard T's maternity leave was for me. It's like she turned a blind eye to it all. She didn't hold me in mind.

Now the burden rests on me. And I don't know what to do. I'm so attached. And I'm so miserable. I'm tired of being impacted by her life. There are therapeutic boundaries for a reason...

I have a session with L possibly next week. And I'm trying to see if I can get a session with T for sometime after the holidays.

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, ChickenNoodleSoup, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, retro_chic, Taylor27