LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
76k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2023 at 04:51 PM

Dear T,
I went to the risky place with you, and it was...OK! I've felt a bit lighter since we talked about it. I really wish I'd just addressed it more at the time--even you said, "You've been holding onto this for 5 years?" Not that I shared that much about it. But I think I addressed it just enough that it doesn't feel like this big weight on me when certain things about D come up.

I really appreciated your "thanks for sharing" when I left. I guess it showed my trust in you and in the therapeutic relationship that we could talk about it. Even though I feared it causing a conflict. It probably would have 5 years ago, maybe even 3 years ago. But I think we both understand each other much better now. And you realized I wasn't prying (though like you said, I also said "I'm not trying to ask questions or pry" multiple times, so it was pretty clear!) I suspect 5 years ago, I *would* have been prying. And now I know that won't get me anywhere except for your being irritated with me and my feeling rejected (I just need to wait for your to randomly disclose things instead!) But you also seem to get why I need to at least mention it in passing. I think it showed your trust in me, too.

Hopefully, that particular little elephant in the room can sit comfortably now, just a piece of the decor.

Love,
LT
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Elio, ScarletPimpernel, speckofdust