View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2023 at 07:49 AM

I'm basically just focusing on my mental health and self care for right now. Still volunteering with the cats on Tuesdays and that's going well. I'm using part of my tax return to upgrade the ram on my laptop and get the battery replaced and pay for some textbooks since I'm going back to college in the fall to start finishing up my associates degree. Then hopefully find a more bearable job than my last job.

I feel pretty good right now, starting to come out of the depression I was in the past week. I need to clean my apartment so I'm gonna start working on that, it's overwhelming but I need to start on it.

I'm doing a low buy year for the year of 2024. So basically no impulse spending... I can set aside a small amount each month for fun things but it's gonna be more towards experiences than physical things. Like going out to eat or to a movie with family or friends. I'm trying to limit the amount of stuff I bring into my apartment and appreciate and make use of what I already have. That includes digital items like videogames etc cause I have so many I havent finished or haven't even started yet that I own there's zero reason for me to keep buying more I have a huge library of them on multiple consoles and on PC. And no ebooks. I have a ton of unread ebooks I've bought. Anything I want to read that I don't already own I can get from the library. Just trying to enjoy and make use of the things I already have

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Sometimes psychotic