View Single Post
retro_chic
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2011
253 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2023 at 05:06 PM

I know exactly how you feel. My first two therapists both went on maternity leave and never returned. The third said she couldn’t help me anymore and when I asked if I could come back in the future she told me she was closing her practice (this was in the last 5mins of our final session. My last T went on maternity leave twice during the 3.5 years I was seeing her. The first time for 6 months and the second I don’t actually know because she refused to talk to me despite saying she was available on email and would “love to hear from me”. The last maternity leave put me over the edge and I dropped her. It was not an easy decision to make especially as I was still hoping T would contact me, I just didn’t know when. I’m glad I made the decision that I did as I now realise my previous T was totally incompetent and didn’t care about me at all. I want to file a complaint but she was sneaky enough to not technically breach any ethics. I still want her to pay for what she did to me. It’s not fair that I will have to deal with the trauma she caused for the rest of my life. I told her in my final session that I thought it was very deceitful for her to mention to me in the beginning she was thinking of starting a family. She tried to blame me and asked if I thought about that when I chose her. The whole thing was a disaster but it’s too long of a story to repeat here. Feel free to read my other posts about it though.

My recommendation would be to find a new T and the vet them early on so you can avoid this situation again.
retro_chic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, Taylor27, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel