View Single Post
East17
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
39 hugs
given
Default Dec 14, 2023 at 06:20 PM

Hi Scarlet, I just wanted to give a slightly different perspective about the grass not always being greener. I haven't had to deal with Ts going on maternity leave, as mine were already past their childbearing years. But seeing an older T can bring its own set of issues.

Previous T was only 6 years older than me but had to take a lot of time off because of serious illness, came back to work, then left again and subsequently died.

Present T is quite a bit older, but works from home and is also a carer for her partner, who has had several medical emergencies for which she has either had to reschedule or cancel our sessions. I live in constant fear of hearing one day that she has to stop working because of her personal circumstances. Her day to day life-situation does sometimes have a negative impact on my therapy; but at the moment I'm choosing to stick with her because for similar reasons to yourself, she is a great therapist. It was a hard job finding her after losing previous T. Although some distance away, I can see her in person if I want to. She allows out of session contact emails, texts, phone calls, hugs. All that would be incredibly difficult to replace. Then there's the months spent building the trust and the therapy relationship again with someone new.

So I do appreciate how difficult your dilemma is and how torn you feel. All I would say is don't rush into any decisions. I appreciate you want it sorted one way or the other, but take your time to consider all the possible options.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna