Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
66.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 15, 2023 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
Thanks LT. Yes, I agree with all of this. That one, it gives me the opportunity to process, something that you don't usually get to do with "normal" relationships. And two, object constancy. It also teaches me not to throw a relationship away. My family is extremely good at disowning people. Working through issues can be hard for me. Especially when L actually has a lot of things that affect me. But right now, I am trying to hold onto the positives of our relationship (thank goodness there are a ton).
Yes our family was very throwaway also. My way or the highway. They NEVER apologized. When a parent on some random tv show apologizes, scripted or reality, i always feel like im experiencing an alien visitation!

Then my mother started commenting about ME that i was inflexible. Where the heck did she think i learned it from? I was just doing as i had been taught. That awareness makes it somewhat easier to change, because you can see the reasoning or have different values to support your choices, but dang it is still near impossible to bend that grown-***** tree.
unaluna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel