jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2023 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Coming back to this again, I noticed the friend who periodically doesn’t get back to me and drops plans was doing this again and I made a decision to give them the same amount of attention as they’ve been giving me. Normally I’d reply in a timely fashion and be available but I started to reflect it’s been one sided for some time now and it’s not making me feel good about myself.

I actually feel better already, and I’m telling myself that I need to take this response with this friend more often. Before I would’ve felt guilty but not anymore.
Sorry to hear that. That person isn’t your real friend, sorry. Did they need you to listen to them? Did they need something from you?

Stop making time for & chasing after people who don’t intiate plans with you.

One sided friendships suck. I give up quickly on most people who don’t try to intiate plans or who never or rarely contact me anymore.

I don’t understand people like that. It’s like they keep you around just in case you might end up being useful to them eventually.

To me, those kind of people aren’t friends. I don’t know even bother keeping them as aquaintences anymore.

I’ve had similar experiences to both you & nonightowl. I’m on the verge of giving up on even trying to make any new friends from now on as most people seem to be pretty selfish & self absorbed.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated