View Single Post

Member Since Jul 2021
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2023 at 10:12 PM

I still have unresolved mental health issues (schizophrenia), and am thinking about joining a behavioral health intensive outpatient program; it's affiliated with a nearby hospital.

I believe I am still not better, as I still suffer from delusions. Maybe joining a group outpatient program is necessary, as I have never completed a behavioral health intensive outpatient program since contracting schizophrenia/psychosis. In my opinion, I was in denial. I knew I was ill but did not want to be ill. So I didn't fully accept my illness. Maybe I can get that resolved by joining outpatient.

I assume there will be a team of professionals closely monitoring me. The funny thing is, this would not be my first time at that outpatient program. I was committed to that program three times, and not once did I finish it. Maybe I thought I was not really psychotic. I remember thinking I had Autism at the time, and that it was a big misunderstanding/misdiagnosis. I thought I was in quite a predicament. But now I have realized that, no, I don't have Autism. I have social anxiety and social awkwardness, but that doesn't automatically mean I have Autism.
185329 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote