Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2023 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Sorry to hear that. That person isn’t your real friend, sorry. Did they need you to listen to them? Did they need something from you?

Stop making time for & chasing after people who don’t intiate plans with you.

One sided friendships suck. I give up quickly on most people who don’t try to intiate plans or who never or rarely contact me anymore.

I don’t understand people like that. It’s like they keep you around just in case you might end up being useful to them eventually.

To me, those kind of people aren’t friends. I don’t know even bother keeping them as aquaintences anymore.

I’ve had similar experiences to both you & nonightowl. I’m on the verge of giving up on even trying to make any new friends from now on as most people seem to be pretty selfish & self absorbed.
I did listen to this person a fair bit although not so much in a support dynamic, this most recent friend I mention who doesn’t initiate is nice and a lively sort, but I wonder if I maybe was on occasion nothing more than an audience to her stories. She is an interesting and entertaining person. We kind of bonded over similar humour.

But when I look back she didn’t really ask too many questions about me. So that may be a sign.

Anyhow the one sided friendships angle is one for me to ponder on. Why do I end up with this dynamic so often.

Edit: I realised that I was aware that sometimes she interrupted me when I was saying something, and seemed like she would change the subject. It made me feel like I was boring her. Maybe I was boring her. Yet I didn’t talk excessively.

Last edited by Discombobulated; Dec 17, 2023 at 10:02 AM..
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl