Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2023 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
My apartment isn't the only one with this problem.
If you get no results from management I would probably raise it to a community safety agency. Problem with water damage in ceilings & walls is that they can collapse & cause major injury to those occupying the apartments. Then it would cost the owner law suits against them for negligence. Always put your requests in writing & keep a copy.

I was first married & in our first apartment. Found out my oven thermostat didn't regulate the temp of the oven....it got to 650 when I was checking it after I burned dinner in less than 15 minutes. Manager said the owner was busy & would get around to fixing it in the next few weeks. I calmly told him I would be reporting the issue to the fire department the next day. The owner was out first thing the next morning & replaced the oven thermostat. I have found in most cases with many things I have to raise tge threat to way beyond me to get any action. I hope you don't have to do this & get necessary results. Most water leaks like this are related to roofing issues when it is weather related. Firm yet nice usually lets them know they can't ignore your requests because the alternative is usually not a choice they willingly want to deal with

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote