Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2023 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Cleaning does help me if I feel down. Actually not just having clean house but actual process of cleaning. Put Christmas music on and try to clean up in a dancing kind of movements?

Or put some funny Christmas shows on tv. I have covid. Third time. Timing for it is depressing. Last night I watched Man who came for dinner. I don’t know why I haven’t seen it before. I laughed aloud. It’s absolutely the funniest. I forgot I was sick. Have you seen it?
No, I've not seen it. I'll look for it. I can always use a good laugh. I'm sorry you have COVID. I hope the worst of it will be behind you by Christmas. In October, I got my 6th COVID vaccination. I've not had COVID or even a slight cold in the past 4 years. That would be the upside of living like a recluse. I'm just not around other humans enough to pick up any germs. (Also, I won't touch a shopping cart or an outside doorknob without wearing gloves.)

I know exactly what you mean about cleaning. It actually feels good, once I get some momentum going. The starting, however, is extremely hard, when I'm in a depressed episode. I finally got started today at 2 p.m. I decorated my Christmas tree. Doing that went much faster than I expected. It does look nice. I'm pleased that I got that done.

Last nite I considered sticking the tree back in its storage bag and into my outside storage closet. I was that bummed out. I felt zero interest in decorating. Once I started, I did get into it. Now I must keep going. When my home environment is orderly and things look attractive, I get into a much better state of mind. I better get back to work. Stuff is strewn all over the living room. At least now, my hope is back.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm easily influenced that way. I pick up a positive vibe when I read an encouraging post. It's like getting a jump for my psychic battery. Time to hear some Christmas songs.

I hope all posters are having a good week.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna