View Single Post
GeneralRelative

Member Since Dec 2023
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 20, 2023 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingthecow View Post
Sorry you are going through such struggles. I have found help through supportive people in my life while also seeing mental health professionals and taking meds.

I hope you are doing okay today and be kind to yourself.
I don't really have anyone in my life who I can trust and who isn't part of the issues I'm currently struggling with. Everyone in my family is part of the problem I'm trying to overcome, or they're overwhelmed with problems of their own and they don't have the mental or emotional bandwidth, or there are major incompatibilities between our values and beliefs and general perspectives where they just don't understand what I'm dealing with.

As far as mental health, I have been moving from one therapist to the next for years trying to find help with all the difficult situations I keep facing but none of them ever seem to know what to say or do. The most they will do is basically just sit and listen and encourage me to talk more about whatever the latest difficulty has been, and occasionally offer generic suggestions, or ask clarifying questions. It's mostly just me dumping the latest difficulty onto them and getting blank stares back or "I feel so sorry for you."

It's like every time I find a therapist who seems to be able to specialize in whatever issue is going on, something new happens that is outside their gamut. It's also so hard to find a therapist I can trust and who will see me, and I'm tired of having to restart the therapy process. I have lost track of all the therapists I've gone through over the past 10-15 years.

I am cautiously approaching other types of mental help professionals, but past attempts have always met with issues. I have yet to find one who makes me feel safe and heard. I am also unemployed and have no income, and that makes it difficult to have access to the help I need.
GeneralRelative is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote