View Single Post
ShylaA0404

Member Since Jun 2023
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 20, 2023 at 06:37 PM

Hi, just thought I'd check in and see how things were going with you. For my part, I have just been so busy around here with end of school things x3 and work that I haven't had time to even think about anything else which can be good and bad I suppose. Although, we always do Christmas with my husbands family so I am about to have a lot of "quality time" that I am certainly not looking forward to even a little.

I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well, and hopefully the holidays with your family isn't too stressful either.

Honestly, we've been towing the "status quo" line around here, which always makes me sad/mad to some extent as like why my husband can't be how he used to be, or what I want, but on the other hand provides stability for the kids and is decent enough that I don't want to actively escape it. I suppose that is a low bar. I was talking to a friend who has a husband similar to mine and we both plainly said to each other that we certainly would not be married anymore to our husbands if we didn't have kids. Her parents had this kind of wonderful love until her dad passed, and my parents don't have that sort of thing but they definitely still enjoy spending time together, and I do think both of those situations are unfortunately more unique than not.

I do think as time goes on I have shifted from this sort of panic and despair of my H is going to actively leave us to this frustration and low level anger at him for not dealing with his own issues ever and how it has effected our lives. I think that is probably normal. Anyway, just thought I'd check in now that I have a second to breathe. I hope you are having a wonderful week and things are looking good for you!
ShylaA0404 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote