Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,401 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 22, 2023 at 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felineangel View Post
How is your mental health holding up, rose?
Thank you for asking. I just now discovered your post. My mental health is not good.

I am very sad and depressed. I keep trying to think of a plan I can believe in. Nothing I think of, or tell myself, gives me any hope.

I should just get up and finish picking up around the place. I should get dressed. Everytime I get up, my urge is to go back to sitting or lying down. If I could just get out of the house, but it's too hard to even get off the couch.

I want to get some help, but I don't think there is any for someone like me. I've had some negative experiences dealing with mental health professionals.

There is a lot of judgementalism out there. It is understandable. The reason is that a depressed person appears very much like a lazy person. When you see someone lying around, doing nothing, it's hard not to believe that the person is creating her own hell. In a way, that is true. While depressed, we do create our own hell. Many think a depressed person needs "tough love" and not molly-coddling, because the depressed person needs to get off their ***** and do something, which is kind of true.

If only I didn't have to be alone so much. I don't need to have anyone throw a pity-party for me. It would help just for someone to believe me. Over the past month, I have made efforts to not just vegetate. There is no way to explain how hard it has been to do ordinary things that I magaged to do. Anyone might say, "What's the big deal?" There is no explaining this state of mind. Mornings are really bad. If there were somewhere I could go to be with other people, even for just an hour in the morning, I'ld likely feel less distressed for the rest of the day.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
felineangel, Tart Cherry Jam