View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,211 hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2023 at 01:22 AM

Rose, this is just an idea I want to share. I often drive past our local adult day school (a school for adults that is part of the public school district) and they have signs "volunteer tutors needed". So I thought to myself today that this is something I would want to do if I ever have time for it, to give someone the gift of GED or even reading, or ESL. But for you especially, I think you are a very nurturing person, having seen your posts on other people's threads, and so it would give tremendous satisfaction to be such a source of advancement in another person's life. Plus, tutoring sessions are probably held in the evening because tutees must be working low skill jobs during the day. And by evening, you can get out of bed, right? I think if you had to go to an appointment, to teach a lesson, i.e. go somewhere where another human depends on your skillset and generosity, it would be much easier to get out of bed and get bathed and dressed than when you just tell yourself not to vegetate. Maybe your local adult school seeks tutor volunteers, too? I know public libraries also run programs matching tutor volunteers with students.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76

Thanks for this!
Rose76