mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
770 hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2023 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
I know the stimulants are a no-no, but what about hte others like strattera or clonidine or the one beginning with the g or wellbutrin
I take Wellbutrin for depression but it has no noticeable effect on my add. From what I just read it may be of some benefit though. Some doctors are apparently prescribing it for adhd.

The thing to do is ask to try a med on the condition that if it isn't working for you after the recommended time to reach efficacy, you can ask to try another. Most docs are ok with patients trying diff. meds until they find one that works. Most don't seem to bother unless you bring it up though. I urge trying diff. meds. You'll know if one is working satisfactorily. The change it makes is startling. My niece has adhd and she benefits from her medication immensely.

I tried Strattera and Concerta before finding Adderall. That one was pretty good except for the sleep issues. Bit of a trade off but the stuff is very helpful. Almost a small miracle.

If you have any questions MB I'll try to help. Step one I suppose is having a doctor familiar with your situation. I hope that's in place with you. Tough seeing medical pros on a regular basis these days. They're busy as hell and there aren't enough of them. I can sympathize with the whole system.
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote