View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,089 hugs
given
Angry Dec 23, 2023 at 07:35 PM

I don't know how old you are, but back in the day people didn't have your number unless you gave it to them or you were in the phone (printed!) book. Personally I think all this technology that is supposed to make our lives easier makes us more vulnerable to scams. We didn't get many unwanted calls, just the occasional wrong number or maybe a sales call from a company you already did business with.

No cell phones in those days, no emails, no social media, no Internet, no ATM's, etc. Less information about people to float around without all of that.

I've gotten every scam out there, except the grandkid is in jail scam. AI scares me to death, because AI can mimic a grandchild's voice (they get it off social media) and of course spoof the number. Then some people really do believe their grandchild is in jail in Mexico or something!

The Do Not Call list is a joke. Scammers probably obtained that directory---I'm on it. And for some reason, they call my cell phone a lot---hardly my landline. AND my landline is smart enough to "know" when I've gotten repeat calls from a number, whereas the cell isn't.

Recently I had to create online accounts because our mailboxes got broken into about a month ago! I can't risk certain statements falling into the wrong hands, yet I now have even MORE usernames and passwords to keep up with. And are at risk of being obtained, no matter how "safe or secure" a site claims to be.

Whew...Thanks for this thread so I could vent in the right place.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, FloatThruThis

Thanks for this!
FloatThruThis