Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Dec 24, 2023 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
Sounds like there's some excitement in counting down for Christmas. When I was much younger, I counted down to Christmas with excitement. But now, I count down with some glee for the day after.

I'll try to keep myself busy as much as I can for today and tomorrow. I get the feeling that time is going to drag. I agree on how the holidays get disruptive. I hate it myself.

Tomorrow is Monday and I'm going to do what I usually do on Mondays. I think it won't be too different, except I can't check for the mail.
It IS a countdown to the 26th I guess but we have to get through today and tomorrow first. Like a lot of kids I counted down to Christmas too, or actually our school break.

Even the weather report gives a countdown to what our culture thinks is so important: How many shopping days left till Christmas, how many days till Christmas, then NYE and NY's. And how many days even until winter starts, which has passed. I can't escape it....Before this it was countdown to fall, Halloween (which I don't mind) and Thanksgiving!

I'm trying to do what I normally do on Sunday and Monday too, but like you said there's no mail. It should be quiet, because even maintenance should be off tomorrow. I hope my neighbors stay away at least through tomorrow.

Already dreading the noise of NYE with the fireworks and yelling/screaming about the New Year.

I'll be online or signed in the next couple of days, most of the day, if you want to talk. Or if anyone else is also alone and up to it.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated