Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,117 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 24, 2023 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
It IS a countdown to the 26th I guess but we have to get through today and tomorrow first. Like a lot of kids I counted down to Christmas too, or actually our school break.

Even the weather report gives a countdown to what our culture thinks is so important: How many shopping days left till Christmas, how many days till Christmas, then NYE and NY's. And how many days even until winter starts, which has passed. I can't escape it....Before this it was countdown to fall, Halloween (which I don't mind) and Thanksgiving!

I'm trying to do what I normally do on Sunday and Monday too, but like you said there's no mail. It should be quiet, because even maintenance should be off tomorrow. I hope my neighbors stay away at least through tomorrow.

Already dreading the noise of NYE with the fireworks and yelling/screaming about the New Year.

I'll be online or signed in the next couple of days, most of the day, if you want to talk. Or if anyone else is also alone and up to it.
Personally, I think Christmas Eve is more quiet than Christmas Day, but I might be wrong. I prefer Christmas Eve over New Years Eve. I never liked the noise that goes with NYE, even when I was much younger. So after Christmas there's another day to dread.
will19 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl