View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2023 at 10:11 AM

Wishing all here a pleasant Christmas! Hopefully any stress leading up to it has eased. If not, then we all have to push to release ourselves of it. Even if stepping away and reading a book or watching a movie and trying to forget the day, to a degree.

I suppose I had a bit of Christmas spirit these past couple of weeks. At our own home we were able to decorate with our own decorations we've had for years. They had been packed up since our move from the US three Christmases ago. Looking at my hummingbird ornament was a simple pleasure. As for yesterday and today, it's just my husband and me. Hubby's family members were away. Tomorrow, Hubby and his nephew will leave for a six day ski trip, ending with a visit with his brother. I'll be home alone, which does concern me a little.

My sister has decided to stop contact with me. Sadly, her husband has poisoned her towards me. He is an abusive man that she is a hostage to. A willing hostage. It's very very sad, as this is the first Christmas that I have basically ZERO blood family relations. Her husband has a severe mental illness (not bipolar disorder) that makes him act the way he does. He accepts ZERO treatment. I can't put full blame on that, though. My sister is an adult of 58 years old. If she doesn't resume friendly contact, I suppose I'll need to start grieving the loss of her, too. I know we both look forward to all of the horrible inheritance stuff to be over with. I've simply hated the fact that my brother-in-law is pretty much running the show as executor, even though he's NOT.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Dec 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, Nammu