Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,035 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2023 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I hate the way the entire world ends for a day. You can't go shopping, you can't do anything. When my parents were elderly they weren't going to make food for themselves and thy couldn't go to my place (because it was up a flight of stairs) and I hated the extreme trouble to go out to eat. Never mind they almost always got sick over the holiday. It made me hate the holidays.

I wish we would train a workforce that wanted to work over the holiday and have them work.
I agree, and this day isn't celebrated by everyone. Even my gym is closed, though they are open the other 364 days, even other holidays. They just modify the hours. The prominent "in-your-face" Christmas thread at the top and now a huge greeting isn't helping much either.

A lot of people are forced to work on holidays and may or may not like it. The extra money may not mean much either. A workforce specifically for holidays is an idea, like jurors selected for a trial.

Our holidays aren't universal meaning not everyone gets a paid day off. An example is someone who works in retail. They would be expected to work the day of and/or the day after a holiday, such as Thanksgiving. But office workers would, by "default", get both the day and day after off. "Federal" holidays mean all federal employees get a paid day off. I was just thinking how the inequality doesn't exist among how much money one has but whether you even get a "holiday" off.

(Non-retail/restaurant) Businesses are short-staffed usually, as so many people are off. I will be relieved when this day is over.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote