View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Dec 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM

The numbers and emails are surely spoofed, as nobody up to nefarious stuff would show where the messages are really coming from. Hence, I gave up on blocking calls or emails. They just display another number or email. But I'm constantly cleaning up my call history.....and another downside to all this technology.

I just got a robocall from a toll free number that called before. Last time it was a message about being eligible for some low cost Internet service, which people who get government benefits ARE eligible. It was probably legit but they did call twice in one hour which was annoying.

Then this morning, they called again, only this time it was warning about electronic theft of benefits between Oct 1 - Nov 30th. Now I'm suspicious, not that I'd ever answer it or go to the website they say go to. Theft is certainly possible, esp. at this time of the year. But would real thieves warn people? No way. It's reverse psychology. I've gotten calls before, from a different number, saying never write your PIN on your card or give it out. And they would never ask for it.

The texts about bank accounts sometimes supposedly came from a bank I do have accounts with, but knew it was a scam because they didn't have my number. Now, they do thanks to having to create online accounts, thanks to old-fashioned theft of our mailboxes about a month ago. So I'll have to confirm it's really them if I get a text, just more hassle and crap to have to deal with. Plus this is the time of the year when they really come out of the woodwork....along with fake "charities" and Covid "survey" companies.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, rechu