Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Dec 26, 2023 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
I can certainly see it, for some. I've read that low doses can be equally, if not more, sedating than high doses. Low ones good for sleep aid, higher better moodstabilizers. In my view, the sedation itself could be causing hunger and/or a psychomotor slowing, especially for those prone to a "hangover" effect. My guess is when a person feels sleepy but needs to stay awake, the munchies are a common form of "self-medication", that doesn't always work.. And/or with any psychomotor slowing, you might burn fewer calories over a period of time, just as a lounge lizard would compared to a busybody. Then, there might be some level of metabolic effects. Putting aside a few, we know if a person's metabolism slows, then calorie burn slows.Other metabolic effects may be caused by weight gain, or possibly separate? I don't know for sure.
These points make total sense. I am not prone to hangover effect but need a lot of sleep. If I get sufficient sleep, and the number of hours for what is sufficient varies, I am completely alert and can be very active, both physically and mentally. If I don't get enough sleep, all I can think about is when I will be able to catch more sleep. I cannot keep myself awake and do not eat when that happens, I just get to bed as soon as I can, so no munchies for me, but it is a fact that I simply spend fewer hours awake and more hours asleep than an average person. So maybe I am a bit of a lounge lizard. Or maybe a hibernating bear?! It would make sense that a person who sleeps more burns fewer calories.

I upped my exercise this December and now exercise several times a week. Everything: strength, cardio, flexibility. Unfortunately, cardio is making me ravenously hungry...

I guess I will try switching from low dose Seroquel to ultra low dose of Thorazine for sleep and see if Thorazine will be more weight-neutral for me... 10 mg of Thorazine is enough for me to sleep.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour