Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,545 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Dec 28, 2023 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatThruThis View Post
I use gmail. These emails are filtered into the spam folder and I report them as phishing when it gives me the option, but I still get 3-5 daily. I check the spam folder to make sure nothing important gets filtered there accidentally.
Some email providers are better than others at putting junk where it belongs, but something always gets through. The scammers are getting smarter. Yahoo used to be terrible at collecting a lot of spam but it abruptly stopped. It's an address I use to log in to some sites and it used to collect a lot of spam.

The DNC list actually made me get MORE calls, once I got on it. And it only applies to telemarketers, not surveys, political campaigns or charities. Since so many numbers and company names can be spoofed, I don't report calls from a company that could be innocent. Answering the phone also alerts whoever is calling your number is "live". By that it means a human answers, so they will either call you more or give your number to others. I'm sure nefarious people use the numbers on DNC to call people.

If they aren't selling anything, they can call you. Scammers don't care about DNC laws either. I don't know if DNC will allow cell numbers to register, I haven't tried it. They certainly don't stop texts, as I get those from strange emails or short codes like 04101000.

Personally I think it's a losing battle. I just know I get way more calls on my cell and it's not even smart enough to detect repeat calls, like my home phone.

I get several calls a week, sometimes several in just one day.

:arg:

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote