View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
587 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2023 at 10:15 PM

@Tart Cherry Jam

Thanks for the info! Sadly, I have not kept track of all of the meds in different combinations...When I was first diagnosed, I didn't realize this was something that is/needs to be done. This is probably something I should start though, especially since my pdoc is currently retrying some meds that I've had in the past but at different doses and before I was on Wellbutrin and lamictal. The spreadsheet is a really good idea! Currently, my pdoc and I need to work together to get rapid cycling under control. I also experience mixed states on a regular basis. I need to talk with him about how a woman's hormones can impact med effectiveness because I'm starting to think this might be part of why I'm constantly needing a med change.

Meds I have been on, but am not on now, include (sorry for the many spelling mistakes that are probably about to occur): Tegretol, depekote, olanzapine, lybalvi, lithium, and vraylar. I know there were others with my last pdoc, but I was a mess (and have poor memory) so don't remember everything she did. And, she never sent over my records for my current pdoc and I to reference...

@raspberrytorte

Thank you for the information as well! That much fatigue must have been awful!! I have not tried loxapine. No bloodwork is always a plus! I'll be sure to keep this info in mind as I am researching. I think I am gong to ask my pdoc if I can have an appointment for us to simply go over some questions and theories I have to talk about potential game plans for the future.

It is looking like my pdoc and I will probable try tegretol again. Or, a med (name I can't remember) that he said is very close to it. I was on tegretol when I first started seeing him, but the dose was so low he figured it probably wasn't doing anything for me. And, when we stopped it, my mood didn't change at all. I'm willing to give this med a try again because my last pdoc was not very good (ex: when she had me try lithium, she never tested my blood levels and would change a bunch of things at once so we never knew what was causing what). The conversation was just during a brief phone call check in yesterday so, hopefully, at my next appointment (Jan 2) I'll be able to get a new med prescribed.

I'd also really like to get off of risperidone (I think it affects my hormones) but, if I need it I guess I'll have to put up with it.

June08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote