Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2023 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRelative View Post
I've been thinking about this post and responses a lot and paying more attention to myself and mental state. After careful consideration I do think I agree that there is some kind of psychosis going on but its not all the time and its not like full blown hallucinations. If anything its more like a distinct lack of mental, emotional experience or awareness when there normally would be. Like it happens in certain situations, or for certain triggers. I think it would be more accurate to say its like a dissociation and maybe there is some other kind of psychosis that goes with it as well.

But now I am afraid to begin any form of treatment that may involve the use of medications. I may be losing my insurance next month because I was able to make a bit of money using Instacart and that could disqualify me from Medicaid, and its not clear if any new insurance I could get would cover continued treatment. I don't want to start taking drugs and then not be able to stay on the regimen because I can't pay for it anymore. That could make things a lot worse. My family is going through a lot of tragic hardship right now and I feel like its going to trigger someone (either myself or someone else) to have a catastrophic mental breakdown.
the dissociation side of things - I cant tell you if the hallucination like issues you are dealing with is dissociation or not.

what I can tell you is that if you read diagnostic manuals like the DSM 5 TR or the ICD 11 you will see that psychosis rules out having dissociative disorders.

I can also tell you that I have a relative who has similar situations as you do and she was diagnosed with schizoaffective personality disorder, then borderline personality disorder, and finally schizophrenia.

my own isssues similar to yours is called normal sleep deprivation issues and medication issues not mental disorder issues, and treatment for me was getting myself on different medications and a regular sleep routine.

solution for my relative was anti- psychotic medication. the same with my daughter.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheGal

Thanks for this!
TheGal