Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Dec 30, 2023 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
So they are going into the spam folder. Then I do not see what you consider wrong with your email experince. Everything seems to be working as expected. It is well known that 99% of emails out there are spam. As long as they are being properly caught and filtered, what's wrong?

Regarding messaging STOP to texts: I have done it where the sender sent me legitimate promotional materials because I had earlier established a customer relationship with them. But when I got tired of the texts, I texted STOP. I also sometimes texted STOP to uninvited texts. Each time, the marketer respected the STOP and I never heard from them again.
Yes, legit companies will honor the STOP request or if you opted in, but I didn't opt in. It doesn't mean they are "scammy" but they don't need to know my number is live. Since I didn't know of the company, I just didn't reply. Safer that way. I never even heard of them, let alone do business with them.

Years ago before this was so widespread, I got a text from a dental office reminding me of my appointment. My phone wasn't "smart" then, and replying stop or cancel didn't work. They had the wrong number/patient. It was annoying. I found out the phone number and talked to a human, saying they are texting the wrong person and to STOP. They apologized profusely and I never got another one again. So it was a mistake, which anyone can make.

These days I'm not so trusting and don't automatically assume they just made a mistake. There's actually those "wrong number' texts or calls too, made on purpose. They leave an urgent sounding message for someone else, hoping you call back to say they made a mistake! Then they have your number or have you on the line to try to scam you or sell something.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam

Thanks for this!
FloatThruThis