SquarePegGuy

Member Since Mar 2020
65 hugs
given
Default Dec 31, 2023 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
9:55 PM is my bedtime tonight.

A note to myself: I planned it to be 9:15PM but realistically finishing everything up, taking nighttime meds, filling up the humidifier chamber of my BiPAP machine with distilled water, straightening the duvet and extra comforter I use in winter (I never put the heater on, so I sleep under two comforters in winter), putting dirty dishes from the day into the dishwasher... all these things, they... they take time! time just flows by.

Am tired. Have been up since 7AM, no nap. for me, it is a long period of being awake non-stop.
This is exactly how it is for me, too. It's a race to get all the night-time chores done so I can get into bed when I want. Sometimes I'll have chips and hummus for supper (or skip it entirely) just to collapse into bed by 10pm. Or I'll skip my meds or brushing teeth. I used to read really good fiction in bed before going to sleep. But if the book is too good, I would delay bedtime and even get wound up. So I've decided to read just non-fiction in bed or nothing at all.

I wonder if you review the sleep reports from your BiPAP machine to figure out why you're waking up. In my case I found that the mask was leaking, so I adjusted it and got fewer episodes of waking up. But I still have the apneas a few times each night.
SquarePegGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna